[comp.sys.next] NeXT unattended boot up?

paul@cgh.UUCP (Paul Homchick) (12/18/89)

In article <130046@gore.com> jacob@gore.com (Jacob Gore) writes:
>/ comp.sys.next / cdr@sachiko.acc.stolaf.edu (Craig D. Rice, St. Olaf College)
>At Northwestern, we used to make gateways out of hosts, but found that
>dedicated routers were much less hassle.  And unlike a NeXT, a PC DOES boot
>back up after a power failure.

I have been considering buying a NeXT.  Although it would teach me
about GUIs and OOP, it would spend most of its time handing netnews
and net mail all by itself in a location where it might not get
visited for several days at a time.  Therefore, it would not be good
if the box won't reboot itself after a power-failure.  Is this
something in the software that can be easily fixed?  Or, is it a
hardware/rom problem?
--
Paul Homchick                    :UUCP     {rutgers | uunet} !cbmvax!cgh!paul
Chimitt Gilman Homchick, Inc.    :Internet           cgh!paul@manta.pha.pa.us