[comp.sys.next] silly, uninformative comparisons

2FHGKINGLY@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (12/16/89)

Hey, informative comparisons are great (benchmarks,...), but this bickering
(my computer is better than yours, na na na) is a load of crap.  If you people
want to communicate with each other, start a mailing list of people who
want to waste each others time.  This group is not the place.

If anyone is offended by these remarks & feels the need to 'flame' me,
don't waste other people's time by posting a message to the net.  If you must,
send me email (by no means am I encouraging this!).  Let's try and keep this
group informative...
thanks

paul@cgh.UUCP (Paul Homchick) (12/18/89)

In article <19921@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> 2FHGKINGLY@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>Hey, informative comparisons are great (benchmarks,...), but this bickering
>(my computer is better than yours, na na na) is a load of crap.  If you people
>want to communicate with each other, start a mailing list of people who
>want to waste each others time.  This group is not the place.

Boy, I agree with this!  The "MAC of the 90's" discussion has gone on
for far too long already.  However, it is fun to imagine who must be
more annoyed, those comp.sys.mac readers who have to put up with all
of the NeXT junk, of the comp.sys.next browsers having to swallow all
of the MAC junk!-)
--
Paul Homchick                    :UUCP     {rutgers | uunet} !cbmvax!cgh!paul
Chimitt Gilman Homchick, Inc.    :Internet           cgh!paul@manta.pha.pa.us

jsb@panix.UUCP (J. S. B'ach) (12/20/89)

In article <19921@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> 2FHGKINGLY@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
)Hey, informative comparisons are great (benchmarks,...), but this bickering
)(my computer is better than yours, na na na) is a load of crap.  If you people
)want to communicate with each other, start a mailing list of people who
)want to waste each others time.  This group is not the place.

I've been following the bickering and find it useful.  Even uninformed
comparisons tell me such things as what issues people care about, how
these machines are (mis)perceived, etc.  As one who is evaluating the NeXT
as a platform for porting applications now existing on the Mac, let me encourage
you all to bicker on.
)
)If anyone is offended by these remarks & feels the need to 'flame' me,
)don't waste other people's time by posting a message to the net.  If you must,

Wasted time is a relative concept.  Even your posting wasn't a waste of time
because it helped chrystalize my thoughts on this matter.  How ever, if you
follow this up to insist that those things which don't interest *you* are an
absolute waste of time, you will be wasting time.
--
    rutgers!cmcl2!panix!jsb  (or, more reliably, uunet!hombre!dasys1!jsb)
"I have discovered a truly remarkable proof of this which, unfortunately, a four line