[comp.sys.next] Net Hack -- Is it NeXT, Hack or is it Memorex

erica@kong.gatech.edu (Erica Liebman) (12/14/89)

I got source from upenn for nethackm, went through
heck until I found the -fwritable-strings options,
finally compiled and then....

%nethack
OOPSHack needs CL.
%

Hack needs Common Lisp?  Are we kidding here?
Is this a NeXT boo-boo or a Hack boo-boo.

Replies greatly appreciated at
erica@kong.gatech.edu
erica@cadnext5.gatech.edu
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
Erica J. Liebman 			Internet: erica@kong.gatech.edu
    "Grep foo whilst ye may, oh daemons of the spring" -- EJL

tony@oha.UUCP (Tony Olekshy) (12/21/89)

In message <19373@mephisto.UUCP>, erica@kong.gatech.edu (Erica Liebman) writes:

> %nethack
> OOPSHack needs CL.
> %
>
> Hack needs Common Lisp?  Are we kidding here?
> Is this a NeXT boo-boo or a Hack boo-boo.

Hmmm... OOPS is the classic error return code from UNIX curses tgoto.
Could something between TERM, TERMCAP, termcap, and the fancy NeXT
stuff be confusing it?  I don't know NeXT, but it looks like OOPS is
being output from the tgoto, and "Hack needs CL." is an error message
detected after the fact and without a \n after the tgoto output.
BTW, CL could refer to an extended termcap attribute, such as CO and
CF for cursor on/off on some UNIX systems.

--
Yours, etc., Tony Olekshy (...!alberta!oha!tony or tony@oha.UUCP).