[comp.sys.next] NeXT Time of Day

JOE@oregon.uoregon.edu (Joe St Sauver) (12/22/89)

I've been noticing that the time kept by my NeXT seems to be running slow...
Is this phenomena unique to my machine, or are the rest of you also losing
seconds on an ongoing basis? Have any of you worked out a fix for it (such
as anchoring your machine to a known true-chimer via the network time
protocol facilities?) or can the NeXT be electronically adjusted to run a
little closer to "true" time?

Thanks,

Joe St Sauver (JOE@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU or JOE@OREGON)

eht@f.word.cs.cmu.edu (Eric Thayer) (12/22/89)

In article <12706@oregon.uoregon.edu> JOE@oregon.uoregon.edu (Joe St Sauver) writes:
>I've been noticing that the time kept by my NeXT seems to be running slow...
>Is this phenomena unique to my machine, or are the rest of you also losing
>seconds on an ongoing basis?

I've noticed this too.  It hasn't bothered me enough right now to go
to the trouble of figuring out a soln.
--
Eric H. Thayer      School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon
(412) 268-7679      5000 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213

>In article <12706@oregon.uoregon.edu> JOE@oregon.uoregon.edu (Joe St Sauver) writes:
>I've been noticing that the time kept by my NeXT seems to be running slow...
>Is this phenomena unique to my machine, or are the rest of you also losing
>seconds on an ongoing basis?

Yes.  Better losing than gaining though!

Did NeXT ever fix 0.9's time adjustment bug?
What's the word on NTP?  Is there anything more recent than 3.4?

					-=EPS=-