[comp.sys.next] How to transfer Word Processing files to NeXT from Mac?

giant@lindy.Stanford.EDU (Buc Richards) (01/04/90)

Can word processing files with graphics be transferred from the Mac to
NeXT?  WriteNow on the Mac to WriteNow on the NeXT almost works except
for graphics.  What about to FrameMaker?

        Buc Richards                              @ @
        Supercomputer Support Staff                 >
        Stanford University                        -

rick@lrark.UUCP (Rick Mobley) (01/10/90)

In article <6862@lindy.Stanford.EDU> giant@lindy.Stanford.EDU (Buc Richards) writes:

>Can word processing files with graphics be transferred from the Mac to
>NeXT?  WriteNow on the Mac to WriteNow on the NeXT almost works except
>for graphics.  What about to FrameMaker?

I use FrameMaker and move the graphics over as eps files. The text should
be saved as RTF to keep most of the formatting intact.

Its even easier going the other way (NeXT to Mac) with exception of the
graphics which I had to print out and scan back into the NeXT. It came
out looking great in PageMaker.

--
Ricky L. Mobley, WB5FDP | Mail) ...!uunet!wugate!      |    CIS: 70505,1157
1800 Sanford Drive #4   | Path)     wuarchive!texbell! | PACKET: WB5FDP @ WD5B