[comp.sys.next] Process table on NeXT

bchen@eeyore.caltech.edu (Bing-Qing Chen) (01/12/90)

One of the NeXTs here are having some problems when about 10
people are using it at the same time. It often responed with 'No
more processes' when you try to login or start a program if you
are already logged in. Does anybody have any idea why it is so,
is the process table on the NeXT filled up or something else
are wrong? If it is the first case, does anybody know what is the
size of NeXT process table and if there is a way to increase the
process table size? Thanks.

-Bing Chen
-----------------
NeXT mail: bchen@pooh.caltech.edu

dennisg@kgw2.uucp.WEC.COM (Dennis Glatting) (01/13/90)

dbk@esl.com (David Kay) (01/14/90)

In article <13218@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu> bchen@eeyore.caltech.edu (Bing-Qing Chen) writes:

   One of the NeXTs here are having some problems when about 10
   people are using it at the same time...
   [technical details follow]

   -Bing Chen
   NeXT mail: bchen@pooh.caltech.edu

	Um, did I read this right?  More than ten people using a
single NeXT?  I don't think it's your NeXT that's got the problems...
	Or is this a subtle request for donations?

	"...yes, when more than ten people use my toaster, the
bread doesn't fit very well..."

	"...well, when _I_ was a lad, FIFTEEN of us had to use a NeXT to
generate postscript requests for the CARD READER!"

	David Kay