[comp.sys.next] Color?

rhardock@alias.UUCP (Ron Hardock) (01/17/90)

Sorry for posting this, as it is probably a question people have asked before.

I am thinking of purchasing a NeXT, but wonder if it will be expandable
later to color.  That is, when (and if) color is available, will it be
in the form of an expansion board to plug into an existing NeXT, or will
the whole CPU board need to be replaced (and if so, will some form of
upgrade be available)??
Secondly, as video boards are available for the Mac II and both the Mac
and NeXT use the NuBus, can Mac boards be used in the NeXT?

--------------------------------------
NAME:  Ronald Hardock
EMail: rhardock%alias@csri.utoronto.ca     rhardock@alias.UUCP

kevin@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Kevin Harris) (01/19/90)

In article <715@alias.UUCP> rhardock@alias.UUCP (Ron Hardock) writes:
>Sorry for posting this, as it is probably a question people have asked before.
>
>I am thinking of purchasing a NeXT, but wonder if it will be expandable
>later to color.  That is, when (and if) color is available, will it be
>in the form of an expansion board to plug into an existing NeXT, or will
>the whole CPU board need to be replaced (and if so, will some form of
>upgrade be available)??

	In yesterday's (18jan90) issue of _The Wall Street Journal_ there
was an article about the NeXT company in general and Steven Jobs in
particular (pg B1.) The article mentioned a color option soon to be available
in the form of an expansion board. It also gave a rough estimate of
the price for this little jewel: $5000. Makes that grey-scale look awful
nice, huh?

>Secondly, as video boards are available for the Mac II and both the Mac
>and NeXT use the NuBus, can Mac boards be used in the NeXT?

>NAME:  Ronald Hardock
>EMail: rhardock%alias@csri.utoronto.ca     rhardock@alias.UUCP

   |Kevin A. Harris                                              |
   |119th & Broadway; Rm. 212  -or-  kevin@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu|
   |New York, N.Y. 10027        ...!rutgers!columbia!cunixf!kevin|