[comp.sys.next] 1.0 Docs

dcarpent@sjuphil.uucp (D. Carpenter) (01/24/90)

Has anyone received the 1.0 technical documentation yet?
A few comments here have given me the impression that some
people have receiived them.  I haven't seen anything.

Also, did everyone see the articles on Jobs and NeXT in
the NYT last weekend, and in the Wall Street Journal last
Thursday?  Not exactly upbeat articles. $5000 for color?
Is anyone else out there depressed?  Or are we to trust that
Jobs' optimism is genuine and well-founded?  I think that it
was the Wall Street article that described NeXT as having
entered into a slump since last Fall.  Is this perception
widely shared?

(No, I'm not trying to decide whether or not to buy one.
It's too late for that.  I'm trying to decide whether or not
I've made a wise investment.)

David Carpenter            dcarpent@sjuphil.UUCP
St. Joseph's University    dcarpent@sjuphil.sju.edu
Philadelphia, PA  19131    ST_JOSEPH@HVRFORD.BITNET

chari@nueces.cactus.org (Chris Whatley) (01/24/90)

dcarpent@sjuphil.uucp (D. Carpenter) writes:

>Also, did everyone see the articles on Jobs and NeXT in
>the NYT last weekend, and in the Wall Street Journal last
>Thursday?  Not exactly upbeat articles. $5000 for color?
>Is anyone else out there depressed?  Or are we to trust that
>Jobs' optimism is genuine and well-founded?  I think that it
>was the Wall Street article that described NeXT as having
>entered into a slump since last Fall.  Is this perception
>widely shared?

Is $4 million a month a slump? That is what was said by someone on bix
yesterday. I think it is actually less than the original BusinessLand
projections. Reportedly sales picked up considerably in December.

Is $5000 really alot to ask for 32 bit color with heavy duty
coprocessors? The monitor alone must cost at least $3500.00.  I hope
the $5000 is BusinessLand prices not eduactional prices.

Chris

--
Chris Whatley
Work: chari@pelican.ma.utexas.edu (NeXT Mail)		(512/471-7711 ext 123)