[comp.sys.next] Can .login receive -NXAutoLaunch ?

rogerj@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Roger Jagoda) (02/02/90)

In article <1212@shelby.Stanford.EDU> lane@sumex-aim.stanford.edu (Christopher Lane) writes:
>I keep SoundAndLight in my dock and have set it to be autolaunch so that it
>runs once on login--are you not doing this in order save dock space?  (What I
>really want is a two-dimensional dock.)

Well, you should check out Jayson Adams' incarnation called AltDock.
It's available via anonymous ftp at j.cc.purdue.edu. It allows 2-D docking
as well as choosing which axis you want to use. Now your cube can be
surrounded by docked icons! It's great! We've used it here since its
first incarnation, and even with the hastle of editing the .altdock file,
it's still good utility software. Thanks to the authors.

Now, where did you get SoundAndLight? Is that available for ftp? Do you
know the sight? Thanks in advance!

Roger Jagoda
FQOJ@CORNELLA.CIT.CORNELL.EDU
Cornell University
Disclaimer: No one really likes paying me, let alone claiming responsibility
              for what I do!