[comp.sys.next] atom

paul@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Paul Lansky) (10/11/89)

I get the following error from atom  when trying to translate some
sun binaries made by f77.

   memory allocation error: vm_allocate failed
   atom: virtual memory exhausted (Not enough memory)

I see no hooks in atom to solve this.  Anyone understand it?

Paul Lansky
Music Department
Princeton University

treed@fsg.UUCP (Timothy Reed) (02/08/90)

So what are you all doing with atom(1)?  This sounds like an incredibly
cool command, buts my failure rate using it seems higher than it should
be.  It's reasonable that it should fail to properly convert stuff with
system calls, but I haven't been able to get much else 680x0 code to
run after atom.  There are alot of options that are alittle beyond me -
any real life war stories?  Also, is there a tool that will let me convert
680x0 .o files to Mach .o?

Thanks!
Tim Reed
..!uunet!fsg!treed

garton@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Bradford Garton) (02/10/90)

In article <10037@fsg.UUCP> treed@mapes.UUCP (Timothy Reed) writes:

>So what are you all doing with atom(1)?  This sounds like an incredibly
>cool command...

It is, I've used it to port lots of music synthesis software that has
imbedded FORTRAN functions.  Usually works with no problem.

>Also, is there a tool that will let me convert
>680x0 .o files to Mach .o?

I would also be very interested in this, but I can imagine it would be
difficult resolving external library functions.

Brad Garton
Music Dept.
brad@woof.columbia.edu