computer exchange (415)882-4006.
From: feuer@cgl.ucsf.edu (Burt Feuerstein%UCSF Neuro-surgery)

ndeng@EULER.BERKELEY.EDU (02/16/90)

 On Message <13109@cgl.ucsf.EDU> feuer@socrates.ucsf.edu.UUCP (Burt Feuerstein%UCSF Neuro-surge) write:

> Next computer, 8megs RAM, 256 Meg optical drive, 1.0 ROM upgrade
> 330 meg Winchester, 400 dpi laser printer with cartridge, sheet feeder,
> and adobe postscript fonts, all documentation, printer basically
> unused, original packing.  $16,500 or make an offer to Sam at california
> computer exchange (415)882-4006.

NeXT computer educational package has the following prices:

Base Model:

NeXT  Computer 		$6,500
8MB RAM
256 MB Optical Drive
MegaPixel Display
NeXT Keyboard
NeXT Mouse
NeXT Bundled Software

330MB Hard Disk		$2,000
660MB Hard Disk		$4,000

400dpi Laser Printer	$2,000

(The above prices are obtained from the NeXT Representative at U.C.Berkeley,
and were also heavily advertised by Steve Jobs when he made the anouncement)

According to this price list, Burt's computer was most likely purchased for
$10,500 ($6,500 base Model +$2,000 HD +$2,000 Laser Printer) since he is at
UCSF where the educational price applies. And he wants to sell a used one for
$16,500 to make some quick cash?

I seriously doubt if one wants to spend 16 grand for a used computer doesn't
care to call in the Manufacturer to check the latest price for a NEW one.

Disclaimer: I speak for myself only, not for NeXT, nor for U.C. Berkeley.

ndeng@euler.berkeley.edu

cyliao@eng.umd.edu (Chun-Yao Liao) (02/18/90)

In article <9002160701.AA25155@euler.Berkeley.EDU> ndeng@EULER.BERKELEY.EDU writes:

> On Message <13109@cgl.ucsf.EDU> feuer@socrates.ucsf.edu.UUCP (Burt Feuerstein%UCSF Neuro-surge) write:
>
>> Next computer, 8megs RAM, 256 Meg optical drive, 1.0 ROM upgrade
>> 330 meg Winchester, 400 dpi laser printer with cartridge, sheet feeder,
>> and adobe postscript fonts, all documentation, printer basically
>> unused, original packing.  $16,500 or make an offer to Sam at california
>> computer exchange (415)882-4006.
>
>NeXT computer educational package has the following prices:

[lots price info deleted]

>(The above prices are obtained from the NeXT Representative at U.C.Berkeley,
>and were also heavily advertised by Steve Jobs when he made the anouncement)
>
>According to this price list, Burt's computer was most likely purchased for
>$10,500 ($6,500 base Model +$2,000 HD +$2,000 Laser Printer) since he is at
>UCSF where the educational price applies. And he wants to sell a used one for
>$16,500 to make some quick cash?
>
>I seriously doubt if one wants to spend 16 grand for a used computer doesn't
>care to call in the Manufacturer to check the latest price for a NEW one.

>ndeng@euler.berkeley.edu

NeXT had confused SO many of its customers (I was one of them untill last
time...) The price you listed are the price that NeXT SOLD to the distribuitors
not to you. Then these distribuitors will have to charge something so they
can keep their business growing.  If you can get a NeXT at the price you
listed, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!!

--
|I want Rocket Chip 10 MHz, Z-Ram Ultra II, UniDisk 3.5 | cyliao@wam.umd.edu  |
|I want my own NeXT, 50MHz 68040, 64Mb RAM, 660Mb SCSI, |    Chun Yao Liao    |

In article <1990Feb18.034543.19693@eng.umd.edu> cyliao@eng.umd.edu
	(Chun-Yao Liao) writes:
>NeXT had confused SO many of its customers (I was one of them untill last
>time...) The price you listed are the price that NeXT SOLD to the distribuitors
>not to you. Then these distribuitors will have to charge something so they
>can keep their business growing.  If you can get a NeXT at the price you
>listed, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!!

Perhaps the attached will refresh your memory.

					-=EPS=-
-------
From: wjs@fred.cs.washington.edu (William Shipley)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.next
Subject: NeXT pricing whines.
Date: 9 Dec 89 19:00:15 GMT
Sender: news@cs.washington.edu

Here at the UW, if you walk into the Micro Acquisition Program office and plunk
down $6495.84 (plus tax), you get a NeXT.  (Or $4995.37 if you don't like
the OD.)

Bet all you other universities feel pretty jealous.  Plus, we have the fabulous
looking MAP women.

-william shipley
next guru wannabe