[comp.sys.next] f2c on NeXT

jcl@milton.acs.washington.edu (James Luby) (02/23/90)

I'm beginning to experiment with the "f2c" fortran to c translater.
So far it has worked as claimed.  I was wondering if anyone else
that is using f2c has written a shell script to mimic the actions of
the good old standard Unix f77.  That is, I would like a shell script
that starts with the .f files and goes straight to the .o files without
ever seeing the c code (unless you ask specifically to save it).  If so
I would much appreciate a copy.  Thanks for any help in this regard.

				Jim Luby (jcl@yonext.apl.washington.edu)

steve@tweedledee.uucp (Steve Trainoff) (02/23/90)

In article <2093@milton.acs.washington.edu> jcl@milton.acs.washington.edu (James Luby) writes:
>So far it has worked as claimed.  I was wondering if anyone else
>that is using f2c has written a shell script to mimic the actions of
>the good old standard Unix f77.  That is, I would like a shell script
>that starts with the .f files and goes straight to the .o files without
>ever seeing the c code (unless you ask specifically to save it).

Just put the dependencies

.f.o :
	f2c -A $(FFLAGS) $*.f
	cc -c $*.c