[comp.sys.next] font size in terminal windows

nims@accuvax.nwu.edu (Chris Nims) (02/23/90)

Does anyone know if and or how the font size in the terminal windows can be
changed? The only thing I've tried is changing the default font with
preferences. If it could be emailed to me, that would be great.

Thanks,
Chris Nims

harper@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (02/23/90)

To set the font size on the terminal, you use:

     dwrite Terminal NXFixedPitchFontSize ###

where ## is the size you want.  On a similar note, you can change the font with

     dwrite Terminal NXFixedPitchFont <font>

where <font> is the font you want (I would NOT recommend using a proportional
  font!)

-Mike

louiex2@portia.Stanford.EDU (chris overton) (02/24/90)

In article <4209@accuvax.nwu.edu> nims@accuvax.nwu.edu (Chris Nims) writes:

>Does anyone know if and or how the font size in the terminal windows can be
>changed? The only thing I've tried is changing the default font with
>preferences.

Go into terminal or shell and execute the following command:

dwrite Terminal NXFixedPitchFontSize 14

You can make substitutions, eg "Shell" for "Terminal", or a different
font size (eg. 12 or 16), but be careful to use the correct
capitalisation, and remember you may have to restart the application if
you are already using it.

You can get information like this by calling 1-800-848-NeXT.

leach@neptune.uucp (Tom Leach) (02/26/90)

Another way to change the font/font-size in Terminal and Shell is to get the
'Defaults' program off of one of the FTP servers (I know that cs.orst.edu
has it).  This is a nice little program that puts an interface around the
dwrite command.  It's a lot nicer the trying to remember the various defaults
that either program uses.

Note: I didn't write Defaults, I've just used it.

Tom Leach
Internet:leach@OCE.ORST.EDU   UUCP:hplabs!hp-pcd!orstcs!leach
Middle-of-the-road, man, it stanks.  Let's run over Lionel Richie with a tank.