[comp.sys.next] GNU-sources -> what NeXT can do about it...

rca@cs.brown.edu (Ronald C.F. Antony) (02/26/90)

How would it be if ppl at NeXT would download these sources
to one of the ftp-server sites?
After all they are not supposed to make any profit on the GNU
software. If they charge 150$ for an optical disk and the
copy procedure thats fine, but as they have internet access it
should be no more than 3 man-minutes to initiate a ftp-transfer
running over lunch...
And three minutes NeXT-workforce should be within the range of
service they can give for free. After all the GNU-ppl worked
longer on writing the basics of the compiler, editor etc.

Ronald

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists
in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the
unreasonable man." - Bernhard Shaw | rca@cs.brown.edu or antony@browncog.bitnet

jasmerb@mist.cs.orst.edu (Bryce Jasmer) (02/26/90)

In article <30632@brunix.UUCP> rca@cs.brown.edu (Ronald C.F. Antony) writes:

>How would it be if ppl at NeXT would download these sources
>to one of the ftp-server sites?

OK, OK, OK. Boy you guys *really* want this stuff don't you.

I currently have the GNU disk from NeXT and am looking for the disk space
to put it on. When this happens (RSN), I will let everyone know.

Bryce Jasmer
Oregon State FTP Archive Manager
jasmerb@cs.orst.edu
next-ftp@cs.orst.edu