[comp.sys.next] Where are my typefaces?

Quoth the newly arrived Adobe Type Catalog (Winter 1990):

"What's Next?  Introducing the Adobe Plus Pack for the NeXT(tm)
Computer.  Now available, twenty-six additional fonts to add to
the thirteen shipped with the NeXT Computer.  So NeXT Users now
have the full set found in the LaserWriter Plus, with a bonus of
Helvetica Condensed."

THIRTEEN?  I have FOUR.  Where are the other nine?
I feel cheated.
					-=EPS=-

dayglow@csli.Stanford.EDU (Eric T. Ly) (02/28/90)

In article <335@toaster.SFSU.EDU> eps@cs.SFSU.EDU (Eric P. Scott) writes:
>Quoth the newly arrived Adobe Type Catalog (Winter 1990):
>
>"What's Next?  Introducing the Adobe Plus Pack for the NeXT(tm)
>Computer.  Now available, twenty-six additional fonts to add to
>the thirteen shipped with the NeXT Computer.  So NeXT Users now
>have the full set found in the LaserWriter Plus, with a bonus of
>Helvetica Condensed."
>
>THIRTEEN?  I have FOUR.  Where are the other nine?
>I feel cheated.

Here are your thirteen:

1. Courier Medium
2. Courier Oblique
3. Courier Bold
4. Courier Bold Oblique
5. Helvetica Medium
6. Helvetica Oblique
7. Helvetica Bold
8. Helvetica Bold Oblique
9. Symbol
10. Times Roman
11. Times Italic
12. Times Bold
13. Times Bold Italic

Adobe considers each typeface to be one font.  Perhaps you meant
four "families" of fonts.

						Eric Ly
						CSLI, Stanford University