[comp.sys.next] workspace launch defaults, user configurable properties?

treed@object.uucp (03/01/90)

Is there a way to list all configurable variables for a particular
app?  Something like a 'dlist <app>'?

While we're on the subject, is something coming up in 2.0 that will allow
one to more easily customize the WorkSpace - like have console and
abattoir come up when WorkSpace gets launched, or have particular submenues
come up at launch time?

Thanks!

Tim Reed
..!uunet!fsg!treed

rca@cs.brown.edu (Ronald C.F. Antony) (03/02/90)

well just do
dread -l | grep APPNAME
this should work...

Ronald
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists
in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the
unreasonable man."  Bernhard Shaw | rca@cs.brown.edu or antony@browncog.bitnet

ronniek@photon.tamu.edu (Ronnie Killough) (03/02/90)

In article <1990Feb28.235521.11177@object.uucp> treed@object.uucp writes:

 >While we're on the subject, is something coming up in 2.0 that will allow
 >one to more easily customize the WorkSpace - like have console and
 >abattoir come up when WorkSpace gets launched, or have particular submenues
 >come up at launch time?

I was just about to try to figure out how to force a console window
up whenever anyone logs in so that I can display a motd.  Is there
not any way to do this now?  There MUST be!  Anyone know how to do it?

Along these lines, for some reason the apps on my dock do not reappear
when I logout and log back in.  Our NeXT is in a yp/nfs environment,
and hence my home directory is on another machine.  However, no one
else I have spoken to here has the same problem, even though their
account is yp and nfs served as well.  The permissions don't seem to
be the problem.

Any ideas?