[net.auto] Hubcaps for Barracuda

bhayes@Glacier.ARPA (Barry Hayes) (08/28/85)

[rattle rattle rattle]

I am looking very hard for a hub-cap for a 1965 Barracuda, and none
of the local Hubcap Heavens have what I need.  There are, you see,
two types of hubcap from that year.  I need the rare ones, with the
tricorn punch-outs and the Valiant symbol in the middle.  If you have
a good lead, please let me know by mail, as I think there is almost
nobody else on the net who whould care.  That number again...

  bhayes@glacier
  ...glacier!bhayes
  Barry Hayes (415)323-6100 x377

"So come on down to your local Chrysler Plymouth dealer and see the
new Baccaruda!"

pete@stc.UUCP (Peter Kendell) (08/30/85)

In article <11162@Glacier.ARPA> bhayes@Glacier.ARPA (Barry Hayes) writes:
>"So come on down to your local Chrysler Plymouth dealer and see the
>new Baccaruda!"

        "Give us a Bah!"        "Bah!"
        "Give us a Rah!"        "Rah!"
        "Give us a Coo!"        "Coo!"
        "Give us a Dah!"        "Dah!"

        "What d'you get?"       "BahBahRahRahCooCooDahDah!"
--
        Peter Kendell <pete@stc.UUCP>

        ...mcvax!ukc!stc!pete

	'Not everything that is not forbidden is permitted'

trewitt@Cascade.ARPA (Glenn Trewitt) (09/10/85)

In article <11162@Glacier.ARPA> bhayes@Glacier.ARPA (Barry Hayes) writes:
>I am looking very hard for a hub-cap for a 1965 Barracuda, and none
>of the local Hubcap Heavens have what I need.  There are, you see,
	:
>  bhayes@glacier
>  ...glacier!bhayes
>  Barry Hayes (415)323-6100 x377

I found the answer for my Barracuda hubcap, but the information is
generally useful to anyone who is shy a hubcap, so here it is...

There is a catalog of hubcaps published by Hollander.  Your favorite
hubcap store will have one.  The catalog has an index, pictures, and a
summary of what models the hubcap was used on.

The thing to do is:
	Look in the Yellow Pages under hubcaps or wheel covers.
	Find the place nearest you.
	Call them up and ask if they have a "Hollander" hubcap book.
	When you find one that does (they all should, if they're any good)
		go there and look at the Hollander and find your hubcap.
	If they also have the hubcap, buy it and you're done.
	If they don't, go back home and call the other hubcap places
		and ask for the Hollander number you found above.

Happy Hunting!

	- Glenn Trewitt

	...!cascade!trewitt, trewitt@cascade.arpa
	(415) 323-6100 x386