[comp.sys.next] NeXT Laser Printer and MACPS, huh?

hodges@toaster.SFSU.EDU (John Hodges) (03/19/90)

I recently grabbed the 2.2 version of MACPS from Sumex.  It works
fine on the LaserPrep 5.2 (generated) files that I have, and
prints them nicely using lpr.  However, I get printer complaints
when I use these postscripts in a TeX document.  TeX doesn't complain,
just the printer.  There is a comment on the 2.2 ReadMe that implies
that there used to be a problem with NeXT printers of this sort.

The question is this, does anyone have experience with this kind of
problem, and how was it resolved.  Barring that, does anyone know
an email address for edward Moy, so that I can ask him directly?

Thanks a lot, this is frustrating.

Jack Hodges, SFSU

maul@asic.nsc.com (Robert Maul) (03/22/90)

In article <399@toaster.SFSU.EDU>, hodges@toaster.SFSU.EDU (John Hodges) writes:
> I recently grabbed the 2.2 version of MACPS from Sumex.  It works
> fine on the LaserPrep 5.2 (generated) files that I have, and
> prints them nicely using lpr.  However, I get printer complaints

Does anyone know an archive server with the 2.2 version?

I pulled 2.1 off of rice and have not been able to get to work with my
NeXT machine.

Note: article 5360 (lighthouse software disk lists macps2.1)

Thanks, Rob maul@asic.nsc.com

--
Rob Maul, maul@asic.nsc.com