[comp.sys.next] Compilation Disk of publicly available software

jis@lighthouse.com (03/20/90)

As Pascal Chesnais wrote, Lighthouse Design has compiled an optical
disk of freely copyable software.  Because our first production run
was quite small, we didn't post earlier--demand initially
exceeded supply. A second (much larger) duplication run is now in the
pipeline.

A summary listing of the contents of the disk is given at the end of
this post. The "ls -lR" (full catalog) is about 270 k, so I won't post it.

The disk costs $125 (we cover postage), or $75 if you send an optical
disk (MD customers, please add 5%). We can't yet take credit cards so
payment must be by check, money order, or purchase order.

For more information, please send e-mail to:

		   disk@lighthouse.com
			    or
		...uunet!lighthouse!disk

Thanks,

Jonathan Schwartz
Lighthouse Design, Ltd.
6516 Western Avenue
Chevy Chase, MD 20815-3212
301-907-4621

------------Contents as of 20 Mar 1990------------------------

FirstCompilation/Communication:
HitchHiker1.1.tar.Z
Newvt.tar.Z
kermit/
rzsz0525.tar.Z
umodem.tar.Z

FirstCompilation/DSP:
Hetro.tar.Z
LispScorefile.tar.Z
Looching.tar.Z
Mixer*
RecordApp-4.tar.Z
RecordApp.tar.Z
SoundEditor*
SoundGenerator.tar.Z
Sounds/
csound.tar.Z
mac2snd.tar.Z
mixsounds.tar.Z

FirstCompilation/Education:
Duck.tar.Z
ProjectionLab.tar.Z

FirstCompilation/GNU:
NeXT_GNU_1.0.tar.Z
bash-1.03.tar.Z
make/
rcs.next.tar.Z

FirstCompilation/Games:
Eyecon.tar.Z
Fortune.tar.Z
Guesser.tar.Z
MazeWars-source.tar.Z
MazeWars.tar.Z
NX_VOID.Z*
Tetris.tar.Z
nethack.tar.Z
shuffle.tar.Z

FirstCompilation/Graphics:
Images/
Rays/
TopDraw.tar.Z
dvips.tar.Z
macps2.1.tar.Z
pbmtoeps.c
pbmtotiff.tar.Z
popi.tar.Z
pstools
tifftoeps

FirstCompilation/Misc:
GNULicense.tar.Z
Old_but_Worthy/
cprolog
franz.docs
mach
nntp.1.5
notes1.7
patch.tar.Z
pb.tar.Z
scsi.info
sine.prog
wn2ascii.shar

FirstCompilation/NeXT:
Lab1.tar.Z
Lab2.tar.Z
Lab3.tar.Z
Lab4.tar.Z
MoreSybase/
OlderNotes/
ProgDSP.tar.Z
SybaseDoc-1.0.tar.Z
WrenV_cache.tar.Z
clman.tar.Z
clxOnNext.tar.Z
franz.docs.Z
mach
netinfo2sybase.tar.Z
ps3270.tar.Z

FirstCompilation/News:
BuzzNUG/
NetNews/
NewsBrowser/

FirstCompilation/Programming:
Browser.tar.Z
BrowserExample.tar.Z
CustomIB.tar.Z
Gauges.tar.Z
ScrollTxt.tar.Z
f2c.tar.Z

FirstCompilation/Utilities:
AltDock.tar.Z
Cassandra09.dist.tar.Z
CharFind*
Defaults.tar.Z
LaunchIt*
LockScreen2.1/
NewTools.tar.Z
SoundAndLight.tar.Z
Unknown.tar.Z
bright/
define.tar.Z

FirstCompilation/UNIX:
MOTD.tar.Z
Monitor.tar.Z
NLoad.tar.Z
NeXT-BIND-4.8.1.tar.Z
NeXT-ls.tar.Z
Unpatched/
XNeXT.tar.Z
cnews/

Please note that NONE of the following sources has been customized for
the NeXT.

FirstCompilation/UNIX/Unpatched:
The whole GNU distribution.
CMU Mach documentation.
Non-AT&T Berkeley Unix sources.
All of comp.sources.unix (volumes 1 through 21).
Some terminal games (like empire).
Popular mail programs (like mh).
Popular networking software (like ftp, bind).
Popular news software (like rn, bnews, cnews).
Postscript utilities.
Programming languages (some lisps, some prologs, perl, etc.).
And literally hundreds more random net sources.

------------end contents listing-----------------------------------

maul@asic.nsc.com (Robert Maul) (03/22/90)

The list of software for this disk includes macps version 2.1.
I have not been able to get 2.1 working for my NeXT, has anyone else?

Article 5354 states that 2.2 works. What about it lighthouse boys?

Rob maul@asic.nsc.com
--
Rob Maul, maul@asic.nsc.com

rock@lighthouse.com (03/22/90)

In article <133@cavanasic.nsc.com> maul@asic.nsc.com (Robert Maul)
writes:

> The list of software for this disk includes macps version 2.1.
> I have not been able to get 2.1 working for my NeXT, has anyone else?

> Article 5354 states that 2.2 works. What about it lighthouse boys?

Yup.  My fault.  I'll be adding it to the master soon.

Note that we've been using macps2.1 for quite a while.  It has one
little problem in that it brackets the file with a save/restore pair
that confuses the NeXT, but in general it was quite useful.

I'd be happy to e-mail 2.2 to anyone who needs it.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Roger Rosner
Lighthouse Design, Ltd.
NeXT Mail: rock@lighthouse.com or ...!uunet!lighthouse!rock