[comp.sys.next] NeXT Reps

brown@cyberpunk.INS.CWRU.Edu (Dan Brown) (03/28/90)

I wrote to ask_next@next.com a while ago, and have yet to hear any responce
from them. What kind of luck have other had with this???

On a similar subject, why do I never see any postings from anyone at NeXT?
Apple usually has a couple of people that post to comp.sys.apple... I suppose
that it is because all of the NeXT people are busy working, and the apple
people aren't... Right???

Also, does anyone know of NeXT sales reps, or campus reps in or around the
Cleveland area?

Thanks...
Dan Brown
brown@cwjcc.cwru.edu
brown@cyberpunk.ins.cwru.edu

rogerj@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Roger Jagoda) (03/29/90)

In article <1990Mar28.074939.10285@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> brown@cyberpunk.INS.CWRU.Edu (Dan Brown) writes:
>I wrote to ask_next@next.com a while ago, and have yet to hear any responce
>from them. What kind of luck have other had with this???

Actually, I have to say that this experience hasn't been that bad. I'd
say that 65% of the time (just under 2/3d's) I get a phone call back
from a human being. Sometimes I get information I can use, other times
they need clarification of my message. I long ago stopped getting
tracking number inforamtion...this is disappointing as you're never sure
if anyone is listening because....

>On a similar subject, why do I never see any postings from anyone at NeXT?
>Apple usually has a couple of people that post to comp.sys.apple... I suppose
>that it is because all of the NeXT people are busy working, and the apple
>people aren't... Right???

Well I'm not sure abput that, but Avie and Ali among other at NeXT
(Morris Meyer--fixer of talk under 0.9, Jayson Adams--author of AltDock 2.0
which EVERYONE should use, a great program at your local ftp site everywhere, and others) stopped posting a long time ago. I'm not too sure whether it's
because they're all busy or another NeXT gag order fall out. They could at
least say something like..."we can't come to the net now 'cause we're busy
on 2.0" or wahtever. But for a while, that was nice!

--Roger Jagoda
--Cornell University
--FQOJ@CORNELLA.CIT.CORNELL.EDU

UH2@psuvm.psu.edu (Lee Sailer) (03/29/90)

One thing to remember about NeXT is the surprisingly small number of
them there are.  About six months ago, I was told by one of the regional
reps that at that time there were only about 270 NeXT employees.

So, to get two or three who regularly reply to questions within their
expertise is a pretty good ratio.