[comp.sys.next] Sources and Re: NeXTAnswers

gerrit@nova.cc.purdue.edu (Gerrit) (04/10/90)

In article <1990Apr8.195100.17102@sjuphil.uucp> dcarpent@sjuphil.UUCP () writes:
> Re: NeXTAnswers, a monthly undated source of information
>for NeXT technical support people, available for ftp at several
>sites, including Purdue.  [...] My question is:  first,
>has anyone here heard of this new service, and second, will the
>monthly installments be made available via the archive-server
>at Purdue, for those of us who do not have ftp access?

Yes, it exists and is available on the email server.  The real name
for this month's is pub/next/docs/NextAnswers_April_90.tar.Z.  I will
probably put in a symlink from pub/next/docs/NextAnswers to that
file so that it really matches the documentation.  I expect from
email with Doug Kiesler that we should see May_90, June_90, etc as
the database grows.

If you find that you have researched some topic extensively and
can document it so that others don't have to do as much work you
should get it into NeXT for incorporation in this set of info.
I've been trying to save some of the more interesting stuff from
this group in the "lore" directory but that could be a 40-hour per
week job all by itself at times.

gerrit