[comp.sys.next] The NeXT bible

eahill@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Ed Hill) (04/08/90)

First of all,

  To: Doug Clapp

  Bravo, You have written an excellent and much needed book!!!

  To: Everyone Else

  In case you don't know who or what I am talking about, the second NeXT
specific book has been published.  It is entitled "The NeXT bible".  The
name might be a bit hubris, however, it is the best book out for the NeXT.
This book was written after release 1.0 so it is as up to date as it could
be.  The information that it covers ranges from the AppKit to UNIX, and the
level at which it explains things ranges from a beginners view point to that
of a serious NeXT developer.  People often complain that there is not a
strong application base for the NeXT and I have always thought that there
was not enough useful information out there for novice NeXT developers to
utilize.  I hope that "The NeXT bible" is the second of many quality
publications we can expect in the future.

  NOTE: I am in no way affiliated with this book and do not know Doug Clapp.
I am just very pleased with this book, and I want everyone out there in Net
Land to know that this book would be a very good addition to any library.

-Ed Hill
University of Iowa
edhill@shumun.weeg.uiowa.edu

dcarpent@sjuphil.uucp (D. Carpenter) (04/09/90)

In article <1146@ns-mx.uiowa.edu> eahill@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Ed Hill) writes:
>First of all,
>
>  To: Doug Clapp
>
>  Bravo, You have written an excellent and much needed book!!!
>
>  To: Everyone Else
>
>  In case you don't know who or what I am talking about, the second NeXT
>specific book has been published.  It is entitled "The NeXT bible".

How about telling us all who published it, cost, availability, ISBN #,
etc.??  It sounds good, but how do we get a copy?

David Carpenter            dcarpent@sjuphil.UUCP
St. Joseph's University    dcarpent@sjuphil.sju.edu
Philadelphia, PA  19131    ST_JOSEPH@HVRFORD.BITNET

jacob@gore.com (Jacob Gore) (04/10/90)

Does Doug Clapp have an e-mail address (for reporting mistakes)?

Jacob
--
Jacob Gore		Jacob@Gore.Com			boulder!gore!jacob