[comp.sys.next] French <-> English dictionary

melling@cs.psu.edu (Michael D Mellinger) (04/12/90)

Is there a PD French <-> English dictionary available for the NeXT?
It would be a great help as I peruse soc.culture.french to brush up on
my French.  Would asking for pronunciations be too much?

-Mike

g2k@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Frederic Giacometti) (04/13/90)

In article <Ee0o7k5@cs.psu.edu> melling@cs.psu.edu (Michael D Mellinger) writes:

>Is there a PD French <-> English dictionary available for the NeXT?
>It would be a great help as I peruse soc.culture.french to brush up on
>my French.  Would asking for pronunciations be too much?

>-Mike

Yep, me too. I would make great use of it to write my papers (in english).

By the way, this would be a great idea for all the french departments
across the country. Imagine ... Of course, writenow would better have
its accents working beforehands; but I'm sure it's only a question of
months now.

Frederic