[comp.sys.next] Errors

CMH117@psuvm.psu.edu (Charles Hannum) (04/14/90)

I was trying out my alt.folklore.computers "commands that return nifty error
messages" this morning and noticed something strange:

chopin> cat food
cat: No such file or directory

Unlike most Unix systems:

% cat food
cat: cannot open food

Oh, well.  Variety is the spice of life.  [;-)]

Virtually,
- Charles Martin Hannum II       "Klein bottle for sale ... inquire within."
    (That's Charles to you!)     "To life immortal!"
  Please send mail to:           "No noozzzz izzz netzzzsnoozzzzz..."
  hannum@haydn.psu.edu           "Mem'ry, all alone in the moonlight ..."

gchow@undergrad.cs.ubc.ca (george kai yee chow) (04/15/90)

In article <90104.072943CMH117@psuvm.psu.edu> CMH117@psuvm.psu.edu (Charles Hannum) writes:

>I was trying out my alt.folklore.computers "commands that return nifty error
>messages" this morning and noticed something strange:
>
>chopin> cat food
>cat: No such file or directory
>
>Unlike most Unix systems:
>
>% cat food
>cat: cannot open food

The Apollo's response is the same as the NeXT's. ??