[comp.sys.next] PC-NFS and NexT

mramakri@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Murlidar Ramakrishnan) (04/14/90)

Hi
     We have 3 386 and about 20 286's running PC-NFS, and 4 Sun WOrkstations,
All these PC's are connected to the SUn Workstations and the Next through       ethernet. We are able to mount any of the sun's as a drive on these PC's .
Is there a way to mount the Next on these PC's

Murli Ram
Ohio University

ent0086@ouaccvmb.bitnet
mramakri@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu
murli@cubix.ent.ohiou.edu

smb@datran2.uunet (Steven M. Boker) (04/15/90)

In article <1291@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU>, mramakri@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Murlidar Ramakrishnan) writes:
>      We have 3 386 and about 20 286's running PC-NFS, and 4 Sun WOrkstations,
> All these PC's are connected to the SUn Workstations and the Next through       ethernet. We are able to mount any of the sun's as a drive on these PC's .
> Is there a way to mount the Next on these PC's

We have a similar setup here at Data Transforms and have no problem using
PC-NFS to mount a NeXT as a drive on our PC's.  We don't use YP here, although
I had that running back on 0.8.

Steve Boker

--
 #  Steve Boker                #  Black holes are how God divides by zero.  #