[comp.sys.next] Problems with at

schneidj@NEXTASY2.ECE.WSU.EDU (John B. Schneider) (05/02/90)

If I issue the *at* command with the -m option I always get a message
that the program exited abnormally with the following error:

              Where are you?

I get this message even though every command I have fed to *at*
completes successfully.  The maddening thing is that *at* works fine
for other users on the same cube.  One thing which is different about
my account is that I changed my username back in version 0.9 (also
changed the name of the login directory).  However, I have checked the
netinfo domain and the /etc/passwd file and can see nothing wrong with
my account.  Could someone with a little more insight into the
workings of the atrun program give me some clues as to how I might let
*at* know where I hang out?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
John Schneider
schneidj@nextasy2.ece.wsu.edu

hoodr@syscube.csus.edu (Robert Hood) (05/03/90)

In article <9005020916.AA07742@.nextasy2.ece.wsu.edu.ece.wsu.edu.> schneidj@NEXTASY2.ECE.WSU.EDU (John B. Schneider) writes:
>If I issue the *at* command with the -m option I always get a message
>that the program exited abnormally with the following error:
>
>              Where are you?
>
>John Schneider

I had this same problem a few months ago.  I found that having the 'biff'
command in the .cshrc caused this problem (probably because is was trying
to decide which tty to send its messages to).  I moved 'biff' to my .login,
and I no longer get this message.

Hope this helps....

Robert Hood  --  California State University: Sacramento   (916) 278-7402
  INTERNET: hoodr@csus.edu <-- NeXT mail too!    BITNET: hoodr@CALSTATE
  UUCP: ...!ucdavis!csusac!hoodr