[comp.sys.next] Music on the NeXT

jack@ptnext.claremont.edu (Jack Stewart) (05/05/90)

Hi,
	I am relatively new to this Newsgroup so I apologize if this
subject has been cover before ...  I am also relatively new to the
NeXT ...

Yesterday, I tried to create a scorefile to play a song (The Ash Grove
by Benjamin Britten) so that I could practice singing it.  I found it
too difficult.

Is there a simple program (public, shareware, or commercial) that will
convert standard musical notation to a scorefile (or plays it on the
NeXT some other way)?  The program need not be too sophisticated - I
need only one part.  Alternatetivly,  Is there better documentation to
how to create/edit a scorefile?

If you reply via E-Mail to be, I post a survey of the Results Later.

Thanks,

Jack

Jack Stewart        		Jack@Pitzer 		  (Bitnet)
Computer Lab Manager,           jack@ptnext.claremont.edu (Internet)
Pitzer College,                 jack@134.173.4.29         (also Internet)
Claremont, Ca. 91711            714-621-8000 x2761

cyliao@eng.umd.edu (Chun-Yao Liao) (05/05/90)

In article <6954@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> jack@ptnext.claremont.edu writes:
[stuffs deleted]

>Is there a simple program (public, shareware, or commercial) that will
>convert standard musical notation to a scorefile (or plays it on the
>NeXT some other way)?  The program need not be too sophisticated - I
>need only one part.  Alternatetivly,  Is there better documentation to
>how to create/edit a scorefile?

Well, actually I was looking for something like 14 track music sequenser
like music player. I've got some song files written under specific format.
If there's any taker to write such a program using the same format, then
we people who are interested in Music on NeXT will soon have like 15 great
songs (instrumental)
BTW, I am not musician... but I just love music.

if anyone is interested in the song file format, drop me a mail.

--
cyliao@wam.umd.edu     		o NeXT :  I put main frame power on two chips.
      @epsl.umd.edu		o people: We put main flame power on two guys.