[comp.sys.next] Invitation to BaNG's first meeting

rogerj@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Roger Jagoda) (05/09/90)

In article <6218@jjmhome.UUCP> lmann@jjmhome.UUCP (Laurie Mann) writes:
>In article <11379@portia.Stanford.EDU>, dayglow@portia.Stanford.EDU (Eric Ly) writes:
>> The Bay Area NeXT Users' Group (BaNG) is having its maiden meeting on
>> Thursday, May 3 from 6-10pm.  It will be a general get-together of
>> people interested in the NeXT machine.
>
>Is there anything like this yet in the Worcester/Boston/Providence
>area yet???
YES!!. There is a NeXT group or sub-group as part of the Boston Computer
Society. They put out a nifty little newletter and have meetings once
a month or so. I forgot the group director's name, but they just put out a
newsletter and it really wasn't that bad, some nice goals. It's not BuzzNUG,
but it hasn't been alive as long and doesn't canvas the nets as much (at all).
BCS dues are cheap ($28 or something like that for students) and there are
lots of extra goodies.

DISCLAIMER: I belong to BCS, but other than that I have no vested interest
and even my employer doesn't like paying me too much...;-).

Roger Jagoda                          -- My employers don't even like paying
Cornell University                         me, let alone accept responsibility
fqoj@cornella.cit.cornell.edu              for anything I say or do! --

stone@hydra.unm.edu (Andrew Stone) (05/09/90)

In article <10228@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> rogerj@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu (Roger Jagoda) writes:
>YES!!. There is a NeXT group or sub-group as part of the Boston Computer
>Society. They put out a nifty little newletter and have meetings once
>a month or so. I forgot the group director's name
			           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
				   Dan Lavin, 617-969-6555

>but it hasn't been alive as long and doesn't canvas the nets as much (at all).

   They have been around for awhile, and they are definitely on the
net. clp@wjh12.harvard.edu [Charles L. Perkins] and Dan are working
on that cool and affordable fax modem for the cube that Charles described here
last week or so. Plus some other very neat concepts.

>Roger Jagoda                          -- My employers don't even like paying
>Cornell University                         me, let alone accept responsibility
>fqoj@cornella.cit.cornell.edu              for anything I say or do! --

	Andrew

brown@csd.uwo.ca (Mike Brown) (05/10/90)

>>Is there anything like this yet in the Worcester/Boston/Providence
>>area yet???
>YES!!. There is a NeXT group or sub-group as part of the Boston Computer
>Society.

    I tried to join the BCS last fall, (specifically for the NeXT
subgroup) but being up here in the Great White North, they said no-go.
You can only belong to the BCS if you live in the U.S.

    I would be greatly indebted to any kind soul who would be willing to let
me read their BCS NeXT group newsletter...

Mike Brown, Gradual Student in Computer Science, University of Western Ontario
                              brown@csd.uwo.ca

               ..then the bartender says "That's not a duck!".
                             (Wait for laughter)
              "Four score and seven years ago ..."  (G. Larsen)