[comp.sys.next] SIGs

erica@kong.gatech.edu (Erica Liebman) (05/26/90)

BuzzNUG Special Interest Groups
are still trying to find coordinators for *NeXT-Music SIG*,
*NeXT-DesktopPublishing SIG* and *NeXT-Courseware SIG*.

Are you interested in creating and coordinating your own SIG?
NeXT Users' Journal - detailing the most interesting things to happen
in correspondence that month, getting SIG-specific-topic articles written
for your column, etc.

All SIG coordinators will be put in touch with each other once things
settle down and will be able to consult among themselves for helps,
hints and strategies for running effective SIGs.

Who to Contact
--------------
Conrad Geiger has GRACIOUSLY volunteered to help coordinate setting up
these special interest groups.  If you want to start a group, please
contact him at conrad_geiger@next.com and, if you would, cc me in on
it.  Right now, I am forwarding all SIG mailed directly to me to
him for him to handle.   Bryce, in particular, please contact Conrad
directly and he'll get you started - ok?

Keep in touch as always & take care y'all - Erica

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
Erica J. Liebman 			Internet: erica@kong.gatech.edu
    "Grep foo whilst ye may, oh daemons of the spring" -- EJL

keith@prism.gatech.EDU (Keith Edwards) (05/26/90)

In article <9787@hydra.gatech.EDU> erica@kong.UUCP (Erica Liebman) writes:
>BuzzNUG Special Interest Groups
>
>Erica J. Liebman 			Internet: erica@kong.gatech.edu

Just to clarify a couple of points.  First off, Ian Smith is the primary
person running the SIG.  His email address is iansmith@warhol.gatech.edu
(*not* ian@warhol.gatech.edu).  Questions about the SIG should be addressed
to hardcore-request@warhol.gatech.edu; hardcore@warhol.gatech.edu is the
actual mailing list itself (i.e., this sends to the people on the mailing
list).

So what is NeXT Hardcore?  We're trying to aim for somewhat technical interests
related to Unix and Mach-specifics.  We hope to have a (semi-regular or better)
column in Buzzings about doing NeXT development involving some level of
Unix or Mach systems programming.  Examples include network programming using
sockets or ports, Mach RPCs, distributed computing, etc.  (we tend to be of
sort of a network-bent here, but we're not limiting ourselves to that).

Donations of material gratefully accepted.

Cheers,
Keith

--
keith edwards -- the software engineering research center / multimedia group
  internet:  keith@dali.gatech.edu                          georgia tech