[comp.sys.next] The program "tip"

dgc@euphemia.math.ucla.edu (David G. Cantor) (07/01/90)

While I have no trouble running kermit from my NeXT cube, I am
completely unable to run tip.

I always receive the response "all ports busy" no matter what I try.
Does anyone know the magic to make this program work?

Thanks very much

dgc

David G. Cantor
Department of Mathematics
University of California at Los Angeles
Internet:  dgc@math.ucla.edu

pvo@sapphire.OCE.ORST.EDU (Paul O'Neill) (07/02/90)

In article <98@kaos.MATH.UCLA.EDU> dgc@euphemia.math.ucla.edu (David G. Cantor) writes:

>I always receive the response "all ports busy" no matter what I try.
>Does anyone know the magic to make this program work?

	cube# grep lock /usr/man/man1/tip.1c
	and by honoring the locking protocol used by
	/usr/spool/uucp/LCK..*  lock file to avoid conflicts with \fIuucp\fP
	cube#

Sometimes you have to manually remove the lock file in /usr/spool/uucp/LCK

Paul O'Neill                 pvo@oce.orst.edu		DoD 000006
Coastal Imaging Lab
OSU--Oceanography
Corvallis, OR  97331         503-737-3251