[comp.sys.next] share code over the Net

pegasus@quiche (PROVOST philippe) (07/04/90)

 bruce@atncpc.UUCP (Bruce Henderson) writes

In article <1990Jul2.233503.7154@portia.Stanford.EDU>, duggie@jessica.stanford.edu (Doug Felt) writes:
> In article <3645@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca> pegasus@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca (PROVOST philippe) writes:
 >

 >Help greatly appreciated.

 What you do is create a window where the object was, make it look like
 the object, and drag that.  When you release the window, you create a
 new object where the window was released.

>>Sorry about being so secretive,  I feel kind of dumb now that some one else
>>has published code.  I think there are some magic tools one should try to
>>keep private.  Many kudos to Doug Felt.  His code is 75% the same as what
>>I came up with!\
>>	Bruce Anderson
>>	Interface KGB
>>	Ashton Tate NeXTeam

Sorry i disagree. That kind of code may be useful for the community, and sooner
or later one gentleman will publish the code. the sooner the better.
As you said 75 % of your code is the same as the one of Doug Felt, ie no real
secret is involved.
I specially would like to thanx people like Doug Felt who publish over the net
their findings. A MacTutor like should be helpful too but what we re talking
about is kind of.

Don t forget that Beginners , like me, spend a lot of time with "tiny things".
Such kind of information speed up the process to write an App. Also people
like me who work on a NeXT but haven t a NeXT consultant around, spend year
to design a wheel....

	Thanx again for all of you who accept to share their code, it s the best
	way to support directly and indirectly NeXT Corp, programmers and users.

	Provost Philippe