[comp.sys.next] NeXT printer image mis-alignment problem

dyker@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Barbara J. Dyker) (07/08/90)

The NeXT prints postscript files (to the NeXT printer) aligned
incorrectly on the page.  The misalignment is roughly 1/4" down and
<1/8" right.

I noticed this when I tried to use my pre-printed laser printer
forms on the NeXT.  The alignment is just fine using an Apple
Laser.  The pre-printed forms are intended for all Mac and PC
lasers.  I tried dumping the exact same postscript file from
the NeXT to it's printer and from a Mac to an Apple Laser and
the alignment is definately off.

Does anyone know of a fix or workaround for this?

Barbara J. Dyker				       l a b y r i n t h
Operations Consultant	      And we're all	       Computer Services
barb_dyker@amaze.uucp	       just rats.	       646  Pearl Street
(303) 447-0604					       Boulder, CO 80302

dyker@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Barbara J. Dyker) (07/09/90)

In article <23218@boulder.Colorado.EDU> dyker@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Barbara J. Dyker) writes:
>The NeXT prints postscript files (to the NeXT printer) aligned
>incorrectly on the page.  The misalignment is roughly 1/4" down and
><1/8" right.

The problem is not related to the resolution of printing.  The
misalignment is the same whether the file is printed at 300 or
400dpi.