[comp.sys.next] There must be 50 ways to crash a NeXT...

rca@cs.brown.edu (Ronald C.F. Antony) (07/29/90)

In article <5670@milton.u.washington.edu> wiml@milton.u.washington.edu (William Lewis) writes:
>magic key combinations not working). If you call up the NMI window and
>hit the NMI combination twice in quick succession, the NMI gets, er,
>masked, along with everything else, and the only recourse I've found is
>to pull the plug. There are other ways it seems but I've never been
>able to find out afterwards what they were ...

Well of course there are thousand ways to screw things up if you
really want to, and as a teacher of mine insisted to mention:
"You can also drill a whole in your knee and pour some strawberry
juice into  this very whole..."
Of course the mc68030 can't catch an exception while it is working on
an other exception, i.e. NMI. At least not recursively.. :-)

Ronald from Europe with typos.
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists
in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the
unreasonable man."  Bernhard Shaw | rca@cs.brown.edu or antony@browncog.bitnet