[comp.sys.next] Font size in Terminal Application

kirk@speedy.cs.pitt.edu (Dr. Kirk Pruhs) (07/31/90)

Is there any way to enlarge the minuscule default font size in the
terminal application?

Thanks in advance,
Kirk Pruhs
kirk@cs.pitt.edu

cyliao@blake.acs.washington.edu (Chun-Yao Liao) (08/01/90)

In article <8258@pitt.UUCP> kirk@speedy.cs.pitt.edu.UUCP (Dr. Kirk Pruhs) writes:

>Is there any way to enlarge the minuscule default font size in the
>terminal application?

if you want to change the font temporary, just excecute the Terminal from
Shell by typing this:

Terminal -NXFixedPitchFontSize 17

of course, if you like a larger font, just change "17" to some other number.
But if you want to make a permanent change, then do this:

dwrite Terminal NXFixedPitchFontSize ##

You can do the same to the Shell just substitute "Terminal" with "Shell"
I believe I read these sometime ago in the newsgroup.

--
cyliao@wam.umd.edu     		o NeXT :  I put main frame power on two chips.
      @epsl.umd.edu		o people: We put main flame power on two guys.