[comp.sys.next] IB: Text in a ScrollView

kloppen@gmdzi.UUCP (Jelske Kloppenburg) (08/02/90)

Hello NeXT neighbours,
how can I make InterfaceBuilder to build a Text object as a ScrollView's
document view?

Thanks.

  Jelske Kloppenburg, kloppen@gmdzi.gmd.de, (++49 2241) 14-2433
  German National Research Center for Computer Science (GMD)

alexn@xgate.austin.ibm.com (08/03/90)

In article <3157@gmdzi.UUCP> kloppen@gmdzi.UUCP (Jelske Kloppenburg) writes:
>Hello NeXT neighbours,
>how can I make InterfaceBuilder to build a Text object as a ScrollView's
>document view?
>
>Thanks.
>

>  Jelske Kloppenburg, kloppen@gmdzi.gmd.de, (++49 2241) 14-2433
>  German National Research Center for Computer Science (GMD)

Jelske,

Start IB and grab one of the ScrollViews and plop it in your application.
In IB, the Text object is automatically installed as the document view
of the ScrollView, although the Text is only allowed to grow downward.
If you want to see how this is implemented code-wise, check out the code
on page 36 of Chapter 9.  There is a small code fragment describing what
I believe you're trying to accomplish.  Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Alex