[comp.sys.next] Mathematica notebooks NeXT <-> Mac ??

smithw@hamblin.byu.edu (William V. Smith) (08/04/90)

  We have a Cube Floppy and want to use it to transfer Mac Mathematica
notebooks from a Macintosh IIcx to the cube.  Has anyone done this?
Is it possible? Does a work around exist if it doesn't work in a
straight-forward way?

ags@seaman.cc.purdue.edu (Dave Seaman) (08/04/90)

In article <SMITHW.90Aug3160911@hamblin.hamblin.byu.edu> smithw@hamblin.byu.edu (William V. Smith) writes:

>  We have a Cube Floppy and want to use it to transfer Mac Mathematica
>notebooks from a Macintosh IIcx to the cube.  Has anyone done this?
>Is it possible? Does a work around exist if it doesn't work in a
>straight-forward way?

It's straightforward.  Just transfer the *.ma files and open them
using Mathematica on the Mac.  The notebook format is basically
the same, but you may find that the NeXT fonts don't look quite
right on the Mac.  One fix for that is to revert to all the default
styles and then save the file.

--
Dave Seaman
ags@seaman.cc.purdue.edu