[comp.sys.next] WriteNow -> Postscript conversion program wanted

cjroehrig@poppy.uwaterloo.ca (Chris J. Roehrig) (08/06/90)

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but is there an easy way
to get Postscript output from WriteNow?  I've perused all the
documentation I have, including NeXTAnswers to no avail.
A non-GUI program that reads the .wn file or directory and
produces a .ps file would be just the ticket.

I'm trying to print out the online manuals in a decent form by
getting the postscript output and busting it into even and odd pages
for double-sided printing. This kind of thing sounds like it should
be in NextAnswers, but it isn't.

Thanks in advance,

Chris Roehrig   (croehrig@audiolab.UWaterloo.ca)
Audio Research Group
University of Waterloo, Canada

pclark@SRC.Honeywell.COM (Peter Clark) (08/07/90)

How about just clicking 'save' in the print panel? That'll give you a
postscript file.

	Pete C

chari@math.utexas.edu (Christopher M. Whatley) (08/08/90)

cjroehrig@poppy.uwaterloo.ca (Chris J. Roehrig) writes:
>Apologies if this is a stupid question, but is there an easy way
>to get Postscript output from WriteNow?

The easiest way is to just print as you would normally except instead
of pushing the print panels Print button, click save. This saves a
postscript file instead of barfing postscript to the printer.

Chris
--
"I've got good news. The gum you like is going to come back in style."