[comp.sys.next] NeXT Bible Wanted

troch@pilot.njin.net (Rod Troch) (08/08/90)

I remember reading about an ftp site that had the bible available for
the next machine.

Unfortunately I can not recall the site.  I am hoping someone can tell
me from which site it is ftp accessable.

Thanks,
Rod
--
-----------
If you yell: Rod Troch; Forget it though, I will never hear you!!

john@math.utexas.edu (John R. Schutz) (08/08/90)

troch@pilot.njin.net (Rod Troch) writes:

>I remember reading about an ftp site that had the bible available for
>the next machine.

I don't think so.  As far as I know, only the REVIEW of the NeXT bible
is available for ftp.  Check for it on cc.purdue.edu (not sure about
that thought).

					john

--
|  John R. Schutz                  | Internet: john@csrnxt1.ae.utexas.edu   |
|  Center for Space Research	   | NeXTmail: ditto			    |

john@math.utexas.edu (John R. Schutz) (08/09/90)

*APOLOGY!*

I am sorry!  I posted hastily about there being no bible for the NeXT
without getting all the facts.  I had assumed we were talking about
the NeXT Bible (the book) but it was supposed to be the King James'
version of the bible.  I APOLOGIZE PROFUSELY!!!!

troch@pilot.njin.net (Rod Troch) writes:

>Unfortunately I can not recall the site.  I am hoping someone can tell
>me from which site it is ftp accessable.

You can pick up the KJB from cs.ubc.ca (137.82.8.5).  I forget the
directory, but if you cannot find it, mail me and I will tell you.

>Thanks,
>Rod

Sure...SORRY SORRY SORRY ABOUT THE MISUNDERSTANDING HERE!

							john

--
|  John R. Schutz                  | Internet: john@csrnxt1.ae.utexas.edu   |
|  Center for Space Research	   | NeXTmail: ditto			    |
|  Programmer (NeXT)	  	   | THENET  : UTCSR::JOHN		    |
|  Etc.				   | Standard disclaimer		    |

morrison@cs.ubc.ca (Rick Morrison) (08/10/90)

The King James version of the bible as it originally appeared on the
simtel archives is available in rtf format suitable for inclusion in
the NeXT digital library. It is available, by anon FTP only, from
cs.ubc.ca in directory next/literature/kingjames. Grab all files in
that directory. I don't know if it is available at other sites.
------------------
Rick Morrison		 | {alberta,uw-beaver,uunet}!ubc-cs!morrison
Dept. of Computer Science| morrison@cs.ubc.ca
Univ. of British Columbia| morrison%ubc.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1W5  | morrison@ubc.csnet (ubc-csgrads=137.82.8.20)
(604) 228-5010

dadler@blake.acs.washington.edu (David Adler) (08/14/90)

I obtained the King James version from UBC although I don't remember the
exact IP address or directory, try contacting:
	 Rick Morrison
 	 UBC Dept. of Computer Science
 	 Vancouver, B.C. Canada
for further info.

--
David A. Adler		University of Washington
Pathology  SM-30	Seattle, WA 98195