[comp.sys.next] Fonts on screen without screen fonts

jacob@gore.com (Jacob Gore) (08/11/90)

I bought some postscript fonts (type 3, if that matters) and installed them
as /LocalLibrary/Fonts/afm/fontname-variation.afm and
/LocalLibrary/Fonts/outline/fontname-variation .  Printing with them works
fine.

I don't have NeXT screen or BDF equivalents for these fonts.  Is there a
way to make them show up in WriteNow (or Frame)?

Jacob
--
Jacob Gore		Jacob@Gore.Com			boulder!gore!jacob

jacob@gore.com (Jacob Gore) (08/11/90)

Sorry... I forgot about buildafmdir.

Jacob
--
Jacob Gore		Jacob@Gore.Com			boulder!gore!jacob

glenn@heaven.woodside.ca.us (Glenn Reid) (08/16/90)

In article <130091@gore.com> jacob@gore.com (Jacob Gore) writes:
>I bought some postscript fonts (type 3, if that matters) and installed them
>as /LocalLibrary/Fonts/afm/fontname-variation.afm and
>/LocalLibrary/Fonts/outline/fontname-variation .  Printing with them works
>fine.
>
>I don't have NeXT screen or BDF equivalents for these fonts.  Is there a
>way to make them show up in WriteNow (or Frame)?

You don't actually need screen fonts.  It should work with just the
font and the AFM file, unless the fonts do something strange.

Try running "buildafmdir" on the /LocalLibrary/Fonts directory.  That
might help, but it should do that automatically for you, actually.

Try pulling up the font in a Yap window and adding some PS to the end
that uses the font to draw some characters.  If you can't get this to
work then there may be some strange assumptions in the Type 3 font
itself.

--
 Glenn Reid				PostScript/NeXT consultant
 glenn@heaven.woodside.ca.us		Independent Software Developer