[comp.sys.next] How do I quote a TAB to the shell?

phd_ivo@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (08/18/90)

I would like to pass a TAB to the sort program to indicate the field separation
character. Unfortunately, csh converts the TAB into 8 spaces (I have checked).
How do I disable this feature?

/ivo welch	ivo@next.agsm.ucla.edu

moose@svc.portal.com (08/20/90)

In article <1990Aug17.203801.2379@midway.uchicago.edu> phd_ivo@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:
>I would like to pass a TAB to the sort program to indicate the field separation
>character. Unfortunately, csh converts the TAB into 8 spaces (I have checked).
>How do I disable this feature?
>
>/ivo welch	ivo@next.agsm.ucla.edu

ctrl-V will allow you to embed anything you want, so hit ctrl-V tab.  You can
also use this to embed form-feeds in rn so people don't have to look at others
signatures if they don't want to.

--
Michael Rutman				|	moose@svc.portal.com
Cubist					|	makes me a NeXT programmer