[comp.sys.next] Cassandra 1.2 -- where it is

silbar@mpx2.lampf.lanl.gov (SILBAR, RICHARD R.) (08/23/90)

This is for "yaturner", to whom I cannot reply.  (He asked more
precisely just where the new Cassandra is.):

In both places, Cassandra12.dist.tar.Z is in pub/next/binaries.  (I just
checked to make sure.  Well, actually, at nova.cc.purdue.edu it is renamed
to Cassandra1.2.tar.Z, but it de-tars into a directory called "dist" just
the same [unless Gerritt did a lot of work].)

    Dick Silbar

gerrit@nova.cc.purdue.edu (Gerrit Huizenga) (08/24/90)

In article <60829@lanl.gov> silbar@mpx2.lampf.lanl.gov writes:
>checked to make sure.  Well, actually, at nova.cc.purdue.edu it is renamed
>to Cassandra1.2.tar.Z, but it de-tars into a directory called "dist" just

Actually because of a restriction of the email server, I usually need to
ensure that files untar into a directory which is `basename foo.tar.Z .tar.Z`.
I.e. foo.tar.Z always creates directory foo.  If you are sending in
submissions (email to next-archive@cc.purdue.edu, NeXT format mail
preferred) it is nice if you drag the directory into the Mail app; saves
me a bit of work on occasion.  Remember that these files are also available
through the archive server if you do not have ftp access.  Send a message
containing the word "help" at the beginning of a line to
archive-server@cc.purdue.edu to see how to use the server.

Also, it appears that my copy of epoch is indeed damaged.  If someone knows
where I can pick up a more up to date image/more correct image, please let
me know and I'll replace my copy.

gerrit (alias archive-management@cc.purdue.edu)