[comp.sys.next] Is anyone using Iwscript??

rlin@cs.ubc.ca (Robert Lin) (08/24/90)

Ever since I put iwscript onto the ftp archives, I've gotten no mail
whatsoever about it. Is it because nobody's using it? This is really
puzzling. Just before I uploaded it, I got many many requests for it.
Then after I upload it, nothing. No cheques in the mail, no questions,
just total silence.

I am not expecting money to come rolling in (most shareware authors
are resigned to the human condition, as I am), but I'd appreciate
hearing from people who do use it. Is it working out there in the
field? Or perhaps nobody really wants it after all, and it has been
all a big waste of time...?

-Robert Lin

rca@cs.brown.edu (Ronald C.F. Antony) (08/24/90)

In article <9267@ubc-cs.UUCP> rlin@cs.ubc.ca (Robert Lin) writes:
>Ever since I put iwscript onto the ftp archives, I've gotten no mail
>whatsoever about it.
>Or perhaps nobody really wants it after all, and it has been
>all a big waste of time...?

Well I guess for a lot of people this program would just be
interesting if they could adapt it to their own dot matrix printer. I
would be interested in using some old printer of mine just to get some
previews. But as there is no source available, there is noway getting
what I want, short of writing some similar program again. I certainly
will not go out and get an ImageWriter, if I have to spend some money,
then I rather prefer to get the NeXT laserprinter right away.

Ronald
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists
in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the
unreasonable man."  Bernhard Shaw | rca@cs.brown.edu or antony@browncog.bitnet