[net.auto] Thunderbird inquiry

verner@inuxh.UUCP (Matt Verner) (09/22/85)

Is anyone aware of a national club of thunderbird owners?  I am more
specifically wondering about a group that is involved with the more
"classic" thunderbirds say '67 and older.  I have run across a '67 T'bird
with 58000 original miles and no rust.  It is a gorgeous car (it has
the suicide doors, which I get a kick out of!) and I would like to get a
better idea how much it is worth before even considering buying it.
Any knowledgable T'bird owners out there?

Thanks in advance,

Matt				UUCP:  ..ihnp4!inuxc!verner

'The whole point of this sentence is to explain what the purpose of this
sentence is'

andrew@grkermi.UUCP (Andrew W. Rogers) (09/25/85)

In article <362@inuxh.UUCP> verner@inuxh.UUCP (Matt Verner) writes:
>Is anyone aware of a national club of thunderbird owners?  I am more
>specifically wondering about a group that is involved with the more
>"classic" thunderbirds say '67 and older.

Hemmings' Vintage Auto Almanac lists five:

Classic Thunderbird Club, Int'l
PO Box 2398
Culver City, CA  90230

North Jersey Thunderbird Association
8 Stag Trail
Fairfield, NJ  07006

Rocky Mountain 1958-66 Thunderbird Club
451 E. 58th Avenue, No. 1185
Denver, CO  80216

Thunderbirds of America		[1967-76]
Box 2766
Cedar Rapids, IA  52406

Vintage Thunderbird Club of America
PO Box 2250
Dearborn, MI  48123

>I have run across a '67 T'bird with 58000 original miles and no rust.

As the former owner of '65 and '70 Fords that I had to junk due to
premature frame rotting, I suggest that you have a body shop look at the
undercarriage.  The '65 had *no* body rust, but the frame was eaten away!
(The '70 rusted out everywhere about equally.)

AWR