[comp.sys.next] 8 or 9 Bit SIMMS??

alf@drycas.club.cc.cmu.edu (08/20/90)

Hey could some kind NeXT Guru, tell me what kind of SIMMS the Base cube uses??
I need to know if it uses 8 or 9 bit simms, I was only able to find in the
info that I have on it, that it uses 120ns SIMMS but not how many bits they
are.... Thanks in advance...

                                        John Goldsworthy

                                        JDGST3 @ VMS.CIS.PITT.EDU

                                           ALF @ DRYCAS.CLUB.CC.CMU.EDU

simsong@athena.mit.edu (Simson L. Garfinkel) (08/25/90)

In article <1990Aug20.084615.30@drycas.club.cc.cmu.edu> alf@drycas.club.cc.cmu.edu writes:
>Hey could some kind NeXT Guru, tell me what kind of SIMMS the Base cube uses??
>I need to know if it uses 8 or 9 bit simms, I was only able to find in the
>info that I have on it, that it uses 120ns SIMMS but not how many bits they
>are.... Thanks in advance...

You can use either 8bit or 9bit simms in your NeXT.  You can use 120ns or
faster.  I use 9 bit, 80ns simms with no problem.  8 bit, 120 ns simms are
of course cheaper, but I didn't have any of those on hand.