[comp.sys.next] NeXTs on YP

markad@blake.acs.washington.edu (Mark Donnell) (09/12/90)

Our lab is moving out of the dark ages into the confused
ages! Our Suns are slowly migrating over to YP (or is it
now NIP) and we are beginning to eye the NeXTs. Is there a
good reference on converting NeXTs from netinfo to
YP? Is it nasty? Is there someone out there we could have
as a background reference during the conversion?

Pre-Thanks
Mark

chari@math.utexas.edu (Christopher M. Whatley) (09/13/90)

markad@blake.acs.washington.edu (Mark Donnell) writes:

>Is there a
>good reference on converting NeXTs from netinfo to
>YP? Is it nasty? Is there someone out there we could have
>as a background reference during the conversion?

Basically all you have to do is add a '+' entry to all of the database
you want to rely upon yp for and then use the NetManager app to assign
a ypdomain and then reboot. See the network admin book and the online
docs about netinfo that should have come with your NeXT.

Chris

--
"Stab it and steer!"