[comp.sys.next] other PS fonts

erickson@kira.msu.edu (Carl Erickson) (09/13/90)

Can someone tell me how I go about getting particular PostScript fonts
for my NeXT?  In particular I need "BerkeleyBook", or something
very similar (perhaps "Garamond" or "Caledonia").  Can I buy one
font at a time from somewhere?  Can I get it electronically?

I'd like to be able to use them from both WriteNow and LaTeX.

Carl Erickson
Michigan State University

--
erickson@frith.egr.msu.edu || uunet!frith!erickson || erickson@msuegr.bitnet

glenn@heaven.woodside.ca.us (Glenn Reid) (09/14/90)

In article <1990Sep13.155502.21704@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> erickson@kira.msu.edu (Carl Erickson) writes:
>Can someone tell me how I go about getting particular PostScript fonts
>for my NeXT?  In particular I need "BerkeleyBook", or something
>very similar (perhaps "Garamond" or "Caledonia").  Can I buy one
>font at a time from somewhere?  Can I get it electronically?

Within a week or two, you'll be able to buy genuine Adobe fonts for the
NeXT platform from us (RightBrain Software).  We're in the final stages
of negotiating a contract with Adobe for distribution of individual
typeface packages.  We should have the entire typeface library available
except for some Linotype fonts that cannot be distributed by parties
other than Adobe due to licensing agreements between those companies.

And while we're at it, of course, we'll try to interest you in TouchType,
our display typesetting application.

Send me a note for more information.

Glenn Reid

--