[comp.sys.next] Where is CAP and what is KIP?

DAYNA@cc.utah.edu (09/14/90)

Could someone please give me a ftp site from which

I could download CAP. (Columbia AppleTalk Protocol).

If I understand correctly it is public domain software

capable of allowing by NeXT to be a AppleShare server.

Also, what exactly is KIP?

Please e-mail the answers.

Thanks

Grant Jones

dayna@cc.utah.edu

davef@jessica.stanford.edu (David Finkelstein) (09/14/90)

In article <92886@cc.utah.edu> DAYNA@cc.utah.edu writes:

>Could someone please give me a ftp site from which
>
>I could download CAP. (Columbia AppleTalk Protocol).

Since this is the second recent posting, I'll repost the answer.

CAP source that has been pre-configured for the NeXT is available via
anonymous ftp from sumex.stanford.edu in the pub directory; the file
is something like "cap.src.next10.tar.Z".  This source comes from the
original Columbia distribution and has had many patches applied, but
doesn't have all the patches/modifications that exist in the Rutgers
CAP distribution (available from rutgers.edu), such as the aufs speed
enhancements.

David Finkelstein
Academic Information Resources
Stanford University