[comp.sys.next] NeXT Printer power/Modula-2

goose@surf.sics.bu.oz (Ralph Schwarten) (09/13/90)

Hi, I have a question(or two :-)) --oh dear unbalanced parentheses .
What do I need to do to the printer if I am in a country with 240V at
the mains ?
Do I switch the printer up to 220V ? And does the printer get it's power
from the cube ? If it does, and the machine is running on 240v and the
printer is switched to 220v, will the cube be giving the printer the
correct power (i.e 220v) ?

And... does anyone know of a good Modula-2 compiler for the NeXT.. is
there one in the PD ?

Thanks in Advance

Ralph Schwarten
Dept Computing and Information Technology
Bond University
Gold Coast
Queensland
Autralia

E-mail: goose@hal.nmg.bu.oz.au

daugher@cs.tamu.edu (Dr. Walter C. Daugherity) (09/15/90)

In article <1299@surf.sics.bu.oz> goose@surf.sics.bu.oz (Ralph Schwarten) writes:
>What do I need to do to the printer if I am in a country with 240V at
>the mains ?
>Do I switch the printer up to 220V ? And does the printer get it's power
>from the cube ? If it does, and the machine is running on 240v and the
>printer is switched to 220v, will the cube be giving the printer the
>correct power (i.e 220v) ?

Switch the printer to 220V.  The printer manual says 220-240V is OK at that
setting.  The printer has a separate power cord.

>And... does anyone know of a good Modula-2 compiler for the NeXT.. is
>there one in the PD ?

farber@pcpond.cis.upenn.edu. (David J. Farber) posted:

its at gatekeeper.dec.com . pub/DEC/Modula-3 ...

Walter C. Daugherity			Internet, NeXTmail: daugher@cs.tamu.edu
Knowledge Systems Research Center	uucp: uunet!cs.tamu.edu!daugher
Texas A & M University			BITNET: DAUGHER@TAMVENUS
College Station, TX 77843-3112		CSNET: daugher%cs.tamu.edu@RELAY.CS.NET
	---Not an official document of Texas A&M---

goose@surf.sics.bu.oz (Ralph Schwarten) (09/21/90)

From article <8265@helios.TAMU.EDU>, by daugher@cs.tamu.edu (Dr. Walter C. Daugherity):

Thanks for the guff on the printer, that is appreciated.
>>And... does anyone know of a good Modula-2 compiler for the NeXT.. is
>>there one in the PD ?
>
> farber@pcpond.cis.upenn.edu. (David J. Farber) posted:
>
> its at gatekeeper.dec.com . pub/DEC/Modula-3 ...

how can I get this if I am not on the internet ?
can someone help...

Thanks in advance
goose@hal.nmg.bu.oz.au