[comp.sys.next] a technical NeXT newsgroup

cnh5730@calvin.tamu.edu (Chuck Herrick) (09/26/90)

  I'd like to suggest that a new newsgroup be initiated specifically for
technical issues and questions concerning the NeXT computers.
Perhaps someone out there who is sufficiently knowledgeable concerning
starting a new newsgroup could chip in and get it going for us?

				Thanks in advance

--
	" ...and just who was Ken Thompson, anyway? Do you remember?"

brown@apollo.uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Eric Brown) (09/26/90)

In article <8531@helios.TAMU.EDU> cnh5730@calvin.tamu.edu (Chuck Herrick)
writes:

	 I'd like to suggest that a new newsgroup be initiated specifically for
   technical issues and questions concerning the NeXT computers....

I agree - there are specific issues dealing with things like the interface
builder that just can't fit other groups on objective C, etc....  It's a
pain sifting through all the other stuff.

Eric.
| Remember when sex was safe and hang gliding was dangerous?                  |
|-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-|
| Eric Brown        940 Mt. Hope Ave                 | Rochester, NY   14620  |
| ARPAnet,Internet: brown@ee.rochester.edu           | Phone : (716) 271-7167 |
| UUCP: {allegra,seismo}!rochester!ur-valhalla!brown |                        |
+===============================================+=============================+

wiml@milton.u.washington.edu (William Lewis) (09/27/90)

In article <BROWN.90Sep26093819@apollo.uhura.cc.rochester.edu> brown@apollo.uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Eric Brown) writes:
>In article <8531@helios.TAMU.EDU> cnh5730@calvin.tamu.edu (Chuck Herrick)
>writes:
>> I'd like to suggest that a new newsgroup be initiated specifically for
>>technical issues and questions concerning the NeXT computers....
>I agree - there are specific issues dealing with things like the interface
>builder that just can't fit other groups on objective C, etc....

    This was proposed a while ago and eventually turned into the next-prog
mailing list on cpac.washington.edu. I would assume that requests to
be added to the list should go to next-prog-request@cpac.washington.edu,
as usual (though I'm not associated with the list except as a subscriber =8)

--
 wiml@milton.acs.washington.edu       Seattle, Washington
     (William Lewis)   |  47 41' 15" N   122 42' 58" W