[comp.sys.next] capture the moment?

barry@pico.math.ucla.edu (Barry Merriman) (09/25/90)

Say, did anyone video tape the Big Event last week---I'd like
to get a copy, if they did. Especially the wizard of Oz bit.
Steve sures now how to put together a show. Apple may have
Wheels for the Mind(TM), but the Mind left with Steve...

--
Barry Merriman
UCLA Dept. of Math

SLVQC@CUNYVM (Salvatore Saieva) (09/29/90)

In article <403@kaos.MATH.UCLA.EDU>, barry@pico.math.ucla.edu (Barry Merriman)
says:

>Say, did anyone video tape the Big Event last week---I'd like
>to get a copy, if they did. Especially the wizard of Oz bit.
>Steve sures now how to put together a show. Apple may have
>Wheels for the Mind(TM), but the Mind left with Steve...

The NeXT New York User Group (this isn't the official name of the
group yet) had its first meeting last Wed, Sept. 26. We were
treated to two great music demos, one by Mara Helmuth and one
by Brad ??? (sorry Brad, I forget your last name). Both Mara
and Brad are from Columbia University in NY. Also, we saw two
videos. The first was a 22 minute tape on the product announcement
in San Francisco. Most of the clips editted into this tape
were of Jobs describing the new systems. We also saw Steve
put together a database application in IB, and show off the
new NeXTdimension board. Although the tape didn't include the
Wizard of OZ stint, it did include the red Porche/mountain
scene demo. The second tape was a 4 minute ad for Improv.

Sal.
-------
 Salvatore Saieva                            Internet: slvqc@cunyvm.cuny.edu
 Queens College, Academic Computer Center      BITNET: slvqc@cunyvm.bitnet
 65-30 Kissena Blvd, Flushing, N.Y. 11367     DeskNet: (718) 520-7662

pbiron@weber.ucsd.edu (Paul Biron) (09/30/90)

In article <90272.085452SLVQC@CUNYVM.BITNET>, SLVQC@CUNYVM (Salvatore
Saieva) writes:
|> In article <403@kaos.MATH.UCLA.EDU>, barry@pico.math.ucla.edu (Barry
Merriman)
|> says:
|> >
|> >Say, did anyone video tape the Big Event last week---I'd like
|> >to get a copy, if they did. Especially the wizard of Oz bit.
|> >Steve sures now how to put together a show. Apple may have
|> >Wheels for the Mind(TM), but the Mind left with Steve...
|> >
|> The NeXT New York User Group (this isn't the official name of the
|> group yet) had its first meeting last Wed, Sept. 26. We were
|> treated to two great music demos, one by Mara Helmuth and one
|> by Brad ??? (sorry Brad, I forget your last name). Both Mara
|> and Brad are from Columbia University in NY. Also, we saw two
|> videos. The first was a 22 minute tape on the product announcement
|> in San Francisco. Most of the clips editted into this tape
|> were of Jobs describing the new systems. We also saw Steve
|> put together a database application in IB, and show off the
|> new NeXTdimension board. Although the tape didn't include the
|> Wizard of OZ stint, it did include the red Porche/mountain
|> scene demo. The second tape was a 4 minute ad for Improv.
|>
|> Sal.

The NeXT reps were here on our campus yesterday, demoing the new
product line (our bookstore is finally an offical dealer, I quess).

They had a video which sounds like the one described above.
Maybe you could call NeXT to obtain a copy?

Paul Biron      pbiron@ucsd.edu        (619) 534-5758
Central University Library, Mail Code C-075-R
Social Sciences DataBase Project
University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, Ca. 92093